After participating in this educational event, learners should be able to:
• Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
• Review coronary disease from prevention to intervention with regard to its applicability in practice.
• Evaluate and review current data on primary and secondary prevention of coronary disease, including management of lipids, diabetes, hypertension and other risk factors.
• Evaluate new frontiers in interventional cardiology.
• Evaluate current status of surgical management of coronary disease.
• Summarize new research relating to a wide variety of topics including cell research and myocardial repair, vascular biology, carotid, peripheral and valvular interventions, and TAVI.
• Increase collaboration between clinical cardiologists and surgeons.
ICCAD is intended for scientists, researchers, physicians and surgeons, and especially for cardiologists specializing in clinical cardiology, invasive and non-invasive cardiology, for those researching ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, prevention and rehabilitation, as well as nurses and technicians.